segunda-feira, 6 de setembro de 2010

Srila Prabhupada's Disappearance Day

by Tridandisvami Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja



incense-offering.jpg - 22197 Bytes

prabhupadacrowd.jpg - 23104 Bytes


Arati to Srila Prabhupada at Giriraja Govardhana Gaudiya Matha in 2005


Murwillumbah, Australia: Feb. 18, 2002 (evening)

I offer my heartfelt dandavat pranama unto the lotus feet of my diksa-guru, Nitya-lila-pravista Om Visnupada Sri Srimad Bhaktiprajnana Kesava Gosvami Maharaja. I also offer my heartfelt dandavat pranama unto the lotus feet of my siksa-guru, Nitya-lila-pravista Om Visnupada Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja.

You should know one thing. ISKCON was first established by catur-mukha (four-headed) Brahma. He is our first guru. He is the original founder-acarya of ISKCON, and his disciples like Sanaka, Sanandana, Sanatana, Sanat-kumara, and Narada are real ISKCON preachers. After them, especially in Kali-yuga, Madhvacarya, Ramanuja, Visnuswami, Nimbaditya, and so many others appeared. In our line (the Gaudiya Sampradaya), especially in Kali-yuga, Sri Madavendra Puri is the root, the seed. His disciples are Srila Isvara Puripada and Nityananda Prabhu, from Isvara Puripada came Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and from Him came Svarupa Damodara. Then, after them, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Srila Prabhupada Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Thakura appeared in their line, and they are also part of the real ISKCON. All these are ideal ISKCON personalities, and you should always be aware of this.

At the time of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Thakura, Srila Sarasvati Thakura was the president of ISKCON. He sent one arm, Srila Prabhupada Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja, who was given sannyasa by Srila Bhakti Prajnana Kesava Gosvami Maharaja, and who then gave ISKCON its English name [Previously it was called by different names, like Gaudiya Vedanta Samiti, Gaudiya Matha, Visva Vaisnava Raja Sabha, and Krsna-bhakti-rasa bhavitah mati.] Your Prabhupada, Srila Swami Maharaja, only changed the name into English. He is not the founder-acarya of that eternal ISKCON. [Srila Prabhupada sometimes said he was the founder-acarya for two reasons: for management and legal purposes, and also for the faith of his young disciples who would not have understood another presentation at that time.] The founder-acarya is originally Brahma, and it was actually established by Krsna.

[The following are two of the many quotes by Srila Prabhupada in this regard:

"It is not that, 'Bhaktivedanta Swami has brought this.' They say. They give me the credit. That is my good fortune also. But actually I am just like a peon. I have brought, but I am delivering it without any adulteration. That may be my credit. And if you take it without any adulteration and practice it, then your life is successful. (Aug 3, 1975)"

"The Hare Krsna movement is not a new movement as people sometimes mistakenly think. The Hare Krsna movement is present in every millennium of Lord Brahma's life, and the holy name is chanted in all the higher planetary systems, including Brahmaloka and Candraloka, not to speak of Gandharvaloka and Apsaroloka. The sankirtana movement that was started in this world five hundred years ago by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is therefore not a new movement. Sometimes, because of our bad luck, this movement is stopped, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His servants again start the movement for the benefit of the entire word or, indeed, the entire universe." (SB 7.15.72 purp.)]

All of you who are following this disciplic succession are ISKCON. Don't think that you are not. I am ISKCON. I'm not different from ISKCON. I am 'Bhaktivedanta' . Like father, like son. I am the real successor of Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja, and there is no other. You should know this very openly.

I am Bhaktivedanta and he is Bhaktivedanta, but he received this name after I did. I'm senior to him in this regard. By my request he became ready to take sannyasa, and my Guru Maharaja gave sannyasa to him. I was like the priest at his sannyasa ceremony. I performed the fire sacrifice, I made his danda and I taught him how to wear his sannyasa garments. Although he is junior to me and I'm senior to him in sannyasa, he is my siksa-guru. I'm his disciple. I'm Bhaktivedanta, and I'm also ISKCON. Don't think that I'm out of ISKCON.

Prapujyacarana Sri Srimad Bhaktiraksaka Sridhara Maharaja, Srila Madhava Maharaja, and other bona fide disciples of Srila Sarasvati Thakura are also in ISKCON. You may know that Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja has said, "Pujyapada Sridhara Maharaja is my siksa-guru." Those who have the false ego that dictates, "We are ISKCON, and all others are not ISKCON," are very easily going down. They are not really ISKCON if they do not accept and respect all our gurus. You should always respect all those who have taken shelter of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, whether they are initiated or not. Give them proper respect. This is the idea of real ISKCON.

Don't think, "He is a disciple of someone other than my gurudeva." Don't be sectarian, like a closed box. Be open. Give respect to all those who chant Hare Krsna and accept Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Nityananda Prabhu, and our guru-parampara. I've come to tell you all these truths.

I'm happy that all local and other devotees here are coming and honoring all Vaisnavas in Caitanya Mahaprabhu's family. Always respect those who have this idea. Don't quarrel, as some devotees are now quarreling amongst themselves. Giving respect to each other, and come together at least for festivals, on days like Krsna Janmastami, and Mahaprabhu's birthday. Invite everyone, give classes to each other, remember the words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Srila Rupa Gosvami, and try to follow them. If you do that, you will not fall down. If you don't, you may fall.

Transcribers: Raghunatha dasa Adhikari and Jagad Mohini dasi
Editor: Sri Syamarani dasi
Typist: Sri Radhika dasi
HTML: Bhutabhavana dasa

http://bvml.org/SBNM/lectures/20020218spdd.html

.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Pranamas e Dandavats


om ajnana-timirandhasya
jnananjana-salakaya
caksur unmilitam yena
tasmai sri-gurave namah


[I offer my respectful obeisances unto my spiritual master, who with the torchlight of knowledge has opened my eyes, which were blinded by the darkness of ignorance.]


sri-caitanya-mano-'bhistam
sthapitam yena bhu-tale
svayam rupah kada mahyam
dadati sva-padantikam


[When will Srila Rupa Gosvami Prabhupada, who has established within this material world the mission to fulfill the desire of Lord Caitanya, give me shelter under his lotus feet?]


vande 'ham sri-guroh sri-yuta-pada-kamalam sri-gurun vaisnavams ca
sri-rupam sagrajatam saha-gana-raghunathanvitam tam sa-jivam
sadvaitam savadhutam parijana-sahitam krsna-caitanya-devam
sri-radha-krsna-padan saha-gana-lalita-sri-visakhanvitams ca


[I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of my spiritual master and of all the other preceptors on the path of devotional service. I offer my respectful obeisances unto all the Vaisnavas and unto the six Gosvamis, including Srila Rupa Gosvami, Srila Sanatana Gosvami, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, Jiva Gosvami and their associates. I offer my respectful obeisances unto Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu, Sri Nityananda Prabhu, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and all His devotees, headed by Srivasa Thakura. I then offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, Srimati Radharani and all the gopis, headed by Lalita and Visakha.]

he krsna karuna-sindho
dina-bandho jagat-pate
gopesa gopika-kanta
radha-kanta namo 'stu te


[O my dear Krsna, ocean of mercy, You are the friend of the distressed and the source of creation. You are the master of the cowherdmen and the lover of the gopis, especially Radharani. I offer my respectful obeisances unto You.]


tapta-kancana-gaurangi
radhe vrndavanesvari
vrsabhanu-sute devi
pranamami hari-priye


[I offer my respects to Radharani, whose bodily complexion is like molten gold and who is the Queen of Vrndavana. You are the daughter of King Vrsabhanu, and You are very dear to Lord Krsna.]


vancha-kalpatarubhyas ca
krpa-sindhubhya eva ca
patitanam pavanebhyo
vaisnavebhyo namo namah


[I offer my respectful obeisances unto all the Vaisnava devotees of the Lord. They can fulfill the desires of everyone, just like desire trees, and they are full of compassion for the fallen souls.]


sri-krsna-caitanya
prabhu-nityananda
sri-advaita gadadhara
srivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrnda


[I offer my obeisances to Sri Krsna Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita, Gadadhara, Srivasa and all others in the line of devotion.]


hare krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare
hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare
vancha-kalpatarubhyas ca
krpa-sindhubhya eva ca
patitanam pavanebhyo
vaisnavebhyo namo namah

[I offer my respectful obeisances unto all the Vaisnava devotees of the Lord. They can fulfill the desires of everyone, just like desire trees, and they are full of compassion for the fallen souls.]

sri-krsna-caitanya
prabhu-nityananda
sri-advaita gadadhara
srivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrnda

[I offer my obeisances to Sri Krsna Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita, Gadadhara, Srivasa and all others in the line of devotion.]

hare krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare
hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare